This website was created in September 2011 to blog and expose hilarious videos and pictures from the West Indian community out of Queens, NY. All videos are public videos from Youtube.com. Hope you enjoy! :)
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Words Do Hurt... Sometimes Too Much!!
Serious Topic...
Today I learned of a young boy by the name of Jamey Rodemeyer of Buffalo, NY who committed suicide because he was bullied. This is the second major case of bullying that has hit the news within the recent months, but I'm sure there are more that never go public or we simply do not find out the true reason. Let's face it, everyone, at least once or twice in their life, experiences some type of bullying; most occurring while they are at some type of school. Unfortunately, no one can read minds. I am sure if the kids who bullied Jamey knew his thoughts would have stopped. Smiles, laughs, and saying "whatever" does not mean the person is simply brushing it off. Name calling and singling a person out for who they are can be very painful to a someone who already feels they are in a world where they have no one to turn to.
After reading the recent Twitter posts by Lady Gaga, I am 100% in support for making any form of bullying illegal and a hate crime! We live in a society that is built on uniqueness. We are our own people and should never forget that. At the same time, we should remember that we should never be afraid to be who we really deep down inside. Don't be someone your not just to make the people are you feel better. One thing I learned a very long time ago... there is only one person you need to impress... yourself!
I want everyone to watch the video below and listen to what Jamey says. This is truly one of the most heartbreaking video's I've ever seen....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment