Wednesday, September 14, 2011

West Indian Day Parade 2011 - NYPD

Today was actually the first time I decided to sit down and actually watch the video of the NYPD officers that were caught on camera "dirty dancing" with people in the parade. I read quite a few comments from people stating that they did nothing wrong and no repercussions should come from it. I understand what these people are saying, but lets break it down in simple terms. I see NYPD patrol cars with the logo CPR - Courtesy Professionalism Respect - keyword Professionalism. Much like any job, while you are on the clock, you are expected to conduct yourself in a certain manner especially if you provide a service to the community. Would you be able to dance at your job or even go outside the rules of conduct and expect Human Resources to be okay with it? Most companies, much like mine, would say "Good-bye and goodluck!" At the end of they day, they are still NYPD Officers and they must conduct themselves with some type of professionalism as they were in that parade to protect and serve. I saw too many instances while these officers were dancing that someone could have easily knocked them out and taken their gun turning the parade into a nightmare.

Even though the cops know how to have a good time, it should be done while they are not on duty and not responsible for the safety of the hundreds of people around them!

No comments:

Post a Comment